Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back on the wagon...

Every time I hear this phrase, I always think about the poor soul who faces his/her demons of addiction only to regress. Alcoholism, drug-abuse, gambling, bad boyfriends/girlfriends, we all have at least one evil addiction that pulls us back in for whatever reason.

Well, thanks to those bastards at Blizzard who created the Warcraft series, I'm now back on the wagon of MMORPGs. (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) Just so that you know, I was once the guy who would lock himself in his room eating leftover stuff and drinking large quantities of coffee while playing EQ. I averaged about 4 hours of Evercrack each day and woke up bleary-eyed to work every morning. And believe it or not, I was only minorly addicted, as some of my friends averaged 14 hours a day. I finally quit Everquest, cold turkey, one day. I cancelled my payments, deleted my characters which I had invested countless hours and days developing, and didn't look back. It wasn't that I was bored with the game, just that I realized that there were better things to do instead of logging on.

Now? I'm happily married, living halfway around the world from my hometown...and I back on the friggin' wagon again with WoW. Well, I guess since I'm unemployed at the moment and biding my time until I get hired at a job, it will help pass the time.

Then again, I did read where marriages have been ruined by going down this road...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?