Thursday, October 13, 2005

"Pop quiz, hotshot!!!..."

...You're given 2 great opportunities, but you need to choose one of them. Choosing either opportunity will greatly affect the outcome of your career.

First choice: The first company is a consulting firm. It can guarantee a lot of money assuming that I can meet performance targets. The drawback is, that field will be the only thing that will be available to me in the future, though I would like to go on to that field as a career.

Second choice: The second company is one of the biggest investing firms in the world. I would gain experience working the global market as the front line support and have great connections. Drawback is, the money is much less than the first company and my true goals will not be realized until one or two years later.

"What do you do!? 'Shoot the hostage, take them out of the equation.'"

Ok, enough corny quotes from a movie. But seriously, this is a really tough decision for me coming up. If I take the first company, I can be making a ton of money and be on the fast track to becoming an HR guy, but I'm pretty much going to be set on being an HR guy, nothing else. If I take the second company, I can learn so much and make some killer connections with the hotshots, but the money's gonna be a lot less and it will take more time to realize my career goal.

Comments:
Cool! Thanks Michelle! Both companies are Tokyo, so I'll use your friend's capoeira group as a reference.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?