Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's official...

...As of yesterday, I turned in my resignation letter to my current employer. Rather than dwell on the specifics on what happened, I'm just gonna list the things that I have to get accomplished in preparing for the big move to Tokyo. If you do want to get the specifics, feel free to email or call me:

Things to do within 1 month's time:

-Find an apartment. Yikes, this part scares me the most. I remember moving into my current apartment about 2 years ago and the thought of all the moving and packing isn't leaving a good taste in my mouth. Just gotta remember to do things in steps and leave plenty of time to do it.

-Need furniture. For those of you who've visited my joint, (and it really IS a joint, at best!) you'd no doubt noticed that I don't have any furniture other than my futon and table. Fortunately, this part has been 75% resolved all thanks to my good friend Mark, who's bestowing me with his stuff as he prepares to move out of his current apartment. The biggest prize? A kick-ass queen-sized bed with drawers under it!

*on a side note, I'd like to take a moment of silence in mourning the loss of THE perfect apartment (Mark's). I mean, the apartment has everything! Great view of Yoyogi park, safe and quiet (despite it being in the middle of Shibuya, I still have no idea how it manages to be that quiet! Absolutely mind-boggling!), random celebrity sightings (I happened to bump into the main actor from 'Battle Royale' just across the street), a legendary-great restaurant in the vicinity (seriously ranks up in the top 3 restaurants I have ever eaten in, and I've eaten in a lot of great restaurants), and a GIGANTIC balcony. I'm not kidding, it was like having 2 full-sized balconies joined together in an L-shape. You could invite 20 people over and have a real bbq party and still not feel overly-crowded! That apartment will be sorely missed.

So far, that's all I have on my "to-do list", but it's still gonna be insane for the next month or so, at least until I get settled in. For now, I have to start finding a good apartment, among other things.

-There's gonna be a Halloween event where many foreigners dress up and go nuts on the JR loop line (main Osaka train line). I've been asked to go by a buddy of mine and I have to dress up in a costume. Fortunately, I just realized this morning that I have the perfect costume. I'm going as a Boston sports fan, decked out in Boston sports teams' gear. You saw it here first! If anybody else goes like this, they've stolen my idea!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?