Thursday, September 08, 2005

The weekend!!!

The weekend is finally here, and it's about damn time! Work was just brutal yesterday at the office. SD, TRULY living up to his given nickname starts out the day by giving me a "We...are...going to...have a...meeting...at...11." Since the stupid elementary curriculum project was supposed to be finished by the end of the day, I was actually looking forward to having that meeting and finish everything on time. Of course, little did I know that whenever SD says "meeting...at...11." it really means having a meeting at 11:50. Finally we have the meeting and I had every intention of editing and fixing everything that needed to be done. Of course, the meeting lasted for nearly an hour, in which he could have just as easily gotten his point across by saying something like: "please take a look at the changes I made and make your plan like this." Nope, he was going over every single nit-picking detail at a pace that made me feel like I was travelling through an Astral plane. By the time he finished, it was 12:35, which meant that I had to take 25 minute lunch break before I had to do some recording downstairs for a different department.

-Ok, let's imagine you are the manager. You have 1 project that ABSOLUTELY needs to get done by the end of the day. You have one guy assigned to do the project. That guy is dedicated to finishing the project at all costs. You have a bunch of other guys in the office that are doing what amounts to tedious busy work that doesn't need to get done right away. The last part is, another department needs the services of someone in our department for some voice recording. If I'm running the show, I'd give the guy my edited piece and have him work on it like a mad dog with NO DISTRACTIONS, at all costs. I'd have one of the newer guys go down to the other department to lend his vocals for recording. The rest of the guys, I'd have them share the load of editing the last pieces of the project that needs to be done by the end of the day.

-Here's what really happened. I get off to the latest possible start ever thanks to SD's incessant ramblings (I swear he does that because he likes to hear himself talk!) He assigns me to do the voice recording at 1pm (if they REALLY needed only my voice, do it some other f-ing time!!) when someone else could have easily done it because there were 3 guys with the "what should we do?" look on their faces. I get screwed over for lunch because of SD's rambling + 1pm recording session (when added together, it equals one cluster-fuck! There, my first cuss word on this blog, hopefully the last.) After editing and editing and editing, I look up and it's already 4:05pm. My shift ends at 4:30. As the quote of the day says below, "You can't stay over your shift." On top of that, he chops off the last activity of the lesson plan (which I admit, should have been chopped off), at 4:05!!! WTF!?! To make sure of this I said to him: "You want me to create a new activity, from scratch, in 25 minutes, and for it to be finalized?"

Anyway, that was a day from hell. Anymore days like that come up for me, I'm pulling a Larry Brown (job-speculating) with no remorse. I just don't want to put up with that shit ever again.

That concludes this tirade. Now I can get on with my weekend and enjoy it to the fullest. Happy weekend everyone!

Comments:
(laughing) You know, telling from the look on your face yesterday, I figured a tirade would come sooner or later. Well-written, by the way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?