Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fantasy football updates...

Ok, it's been a while since I've last written about how the league is doing. Again, due to spam attacks, I'm officially using this blog only from now on. Anyways, just some random thoughts about week 1 and week 2.

Week 1:

The Chargers suck at offense so far this year, which means that they've killed my no. 1 QB. Normally, I'd wait and see if the QB can pull himself together and be more patient with the guy, but since he had his career year last year and stunk it up for a couple of seasons before last year, I decided to give him a quick hook. Meanwhile, Leftwich looked good (though I wasn't sure if he was ready to take the mantle of starting QB just yet) and Drew Bledsoe either a.) discovered the fountain of youth and took a big gulp from it; b.) signed a pact with Satan along the lines with Kurt Warner when he was 3 time MVP as well as Tiger Woods when he was tearing up the PGA and terrorizing poor Phil; or c.) proved to everyone that Buffalo really wasn't a good fit for him anymore and that Parcells is really Belichick in disguise. I'm willing to bet on b, though it probably really was the O-line in Buffalo that killed him before. For RBs, McGahee did pretty well for week 1, that was a relief, though Lewis still seems like he hasn't been able to hit his stride yet, although with Kyle Boller as the QB, what's gonna prevent defenses from stacking the line against Baltimore? Anything? Can I pull a Nancy Kerrigan on this and have a dude nail Boller's kneecap with a lead pipe? Sigh...wishful thinking... Anyways, week one seemed ok. I lost the matchup, but it was somewhat close...

Week 2:

Wow, Tampa Bay defense really killed McGahee this week. None of my RBs did well and guess what? NONE of my starters scored ANY TDs!!! The agony! On top of that, Leftwich got creamed in the game against the artist formerly known as the Colts' D. Brees stunk it up again as Marty Schottenheimer (sp?) seems to have forgoten that he still has Tomlinson. KC is doing extremely well with that 1-2 punch combo of Holmes and Johnson, which means that Gonzales isn't needed anymore to score TDs, thus killing my team yet again. The positives for this week? After watching the Bears lose 6-3, I decided to drop my Carolina D in favor for the Bears D. What happens? The Bears single-handedly rallied my team into a deadlocked heated battle against the team I was matched up against. Bears won 38 - 6, on account of their defense doing the scoring! Unbelieveable! I thought I had a good shot of pulling out the win in this matchup...until I noticed that Favre rebounded from his off-game with a vengence, thus destroying my team in the process. One more thing to add, DREW BLEDSOE did it again! He once again became the one QB I should have started this week by torching the Redskins! So, for week 3, I'm pushing that big flashing red button with the "Don't push this button!" sign on it. I'm starting Drew for week 3 and bracing myself for anything.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?