Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back to school, escaped from slow death, and life is all good again...

Today's the first day back to my high school in a little town called Torikai, and I couldn't be happier.

Checklist:

1. Finished the final final FINAL fricken draft of the lesson plan that slow death created. After all, with all the edits that good ol' SD made, there wasn't a shred of evidence left that I created it. Well, if the lessons go badly, I'm playing the 'matador' card and olaying the blame onto SD.

2. Finished printing out all of the materials required to execute the lesson plans properly. Actually, that was the easy part, relatively pain-free. Still, I would love it if I could literally execute those lesson plans via shredder.

3. Actually had fun in the office yesterday. With guys like HG, AY, HJ, and AH, along with a gal like HK, the crew kept me relatively sane.

Holy crap section:
Alright, everybody in the office already knows about some dude who called looking for our HR guy's private cell number. To sum it up, he's probably some idiot who got pissed off after being rejected a job offer from us. On top of being irrational, potentially being a stalker to our poor HR guy and potentially even giving us a fake name, he went so far as to call SD an 'idiot' during his conversation with him. That's like the kiss of death, there's no WAY SD is gonna hire THAT guy now. Here's the conversation that I had with him:

P.O'ed guy: I'd like to talk to ___ please.
Me: I'm sorry, he's not in the office today. May I take a message?
P.O'ed guy: I'd like his cell phone number then. Thank you.
Me: Hang on a second please...(on hold, while thinking of a good way to reject that stupid request) I'm sorry, I don't have his cell phone number available at the moment. Could you please tell me your name?
P.O'ed guy: What do you mean it's not available? Do you have his number or not?!
Me: Can you at least tell me your name?
P.O'ed guy: My name is R--ert, now will you give me his cell phone number?
Me: Let me transfer you to someone who can help you. (transfers the phone to SD, who is really the DIRECTOR of our department)

Ok, this is where the idiot tells SD off using foul language and calls him an idiot. He then calls back again.

Me: ECC, this is Jason.
R: I'd like ___'s number, now. Thank you.
Me: No.
R: No?
Me: No. We are not allowed to give out anybody's private phone number.
R: Oh really? And why not?
Me: It's against our policy on privacy.
R: That's a convenient way to say it. Do you have his number or not?
Me: (getting fed up with this conversation...) Have a good day Rupert. (hang up)

What a moron.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?